New carry bag

Replies
Views
Sevensins
Oct 15, 2011 1:43 pm
For a while now ive been looking for a new carry case for my colostomy products. I have the travel bag from my supplier but i didnt feel for longer journeys it was big enough and as i don't drive and do alot of walking carrying that case looked rather awkward. So the other day i checked ebay and found something that met my needs with a shoulder strap which is so much better. It arrived today and my only concern was that it was going to be too big but its the perfect size! so i thought i'd share

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Messenger-Bag-Work-School-Dispatch-Bike-Office-Courier-/110613031429?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D3493922709127706780

supernan
Oct 15, 2011 9:51 pm
Hi, I also had the same problem, and although the new travel case from Welland was brilliant as it has a built in shelf and sucker for all those wonderful new toilets that have hidden cisterns etc. which leave you nowhere to put your things. I couldn't carry that as well as a handbag etc. and I also like to carry a bottle of water and a packet of biscuits as I have several times got caught in situations where I can't get anything to eat for hours at a time. I got over all this by buying a rucksack that has to come everywhere with me, but at least it makes me keep my shoulders back as I was getting a stoop from bending to protect my stomach from children with supermarket trollies!!!! Your bag looks good though and was quite a bit cheaper than mine so good for you.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

budd002
Oct 17, 2011 2:14 pm
The messenger bag would work and won't the guy that mugs you thinking it's a laptop be shocked when he looks inside!!!
coral
Oct 17, 2011 3:30 pm
I used one of those camping washbags that have a mirror and a hanging hook - mine was made by jack wolfskin and had loads of compartments for bags, tubes/cream, rings etc etc
Sevensins
Oct 17, 2011 3:46 pm
@supernan Yes it's the Welland one i had, its a good idea but isn't Ideal@budd002 I was going to make a comment about you saying he then i realised for me to say that I'm basically admitting a girl could mug me. *palmface*@coral Yes they would work well too.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play