How to Quiet a Crinkly Bag - Need Advice!

Replies
Views
maryorwitz
Oct 08, 2024 3:00 am

My bag is so darn crinkly sounding at the slightest movement. I need help because this little(?) bundle of joy is for life. I've tried so many belts and covers I could open a boutique!! I'm always watching help videos and reading, but nothing helps with crinkly noises. I'm only 73 and have a good 20 years left in me.

eefyjig
Oct 08, 2024 11:32 am

Hi Mary, love your attitude - I have a bundle of joy for life, too! Have you tried different brands? I use Hollister which is actually noisier than others I've tried but I like the length, the softness and the peekaboo window. I seem to recall Coloplast being quieter. Maybe give others a try?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

ron in mich
Oct 08, 2024 12:44 pm

Hi MO, I like the part about being 73 and looking forward to at least 20 more years. Some days I think that might be good, other days not so much. I've had my ileo for almost 40 years and don't mind if my Convatec pouch is crinkly as long as it's not leaky.

Audrey Warren
Oct 08, 2024 4:45 pm
Reply to eefyjig

I use Coloplast and never worry about noisy bags and I use transparent so I can rinse it as clean as possible.

Audrey Warren
Oct 08, 2024 4:45 pm
Reply to eefyjig

I use Coloplast and never worry about noisy bags and I use transparent so I can rinse it as clean as possible.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
blackpooljean
Oct 20, 2024 7:35 am

I put a little talcum powder on the outside.  I think it helps.