Ballooning while flying

Replies
Views
Riva
Oct 17, 2024 1:57 am

Has anyone experienced ballooning while flying ? My pouch seems to fill up with air every hour. Thankfully I wear a two piece. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

AlexT
Oct 17, 2024 2:40 am

I haven’t flown a ton but I’ve never had any issue. I did a lot of HBOT treatments that are kinda like flying being under pressure, never an issue there either. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Justbreathe
Oct 17, 2024 11:25 am

I have only flown once since my ileostomy and had absolutely no ballooning.  I wear a one piece with no filter.  I am not sure what you mean by a 2 piece reference?  I am about to test drive a 2 piece so will be interested in replies.  jb

aTraveler
Oct 17, 2024 1:07 pm
Reply to Justbreathe

Most 2 pieces are easy to "burp."

aTraveler
Oct 17, 2024 1:10 pm

If you balloon every hour while grounded there is no reason to think it will not happen while flying.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play