Ostomy support meeting

Replies
Views
Quietdreamer28
Mar 19, 2012 2:10 pm
I'm a member of my local UOAA and I signed up to do refreshments for this coming April meeting. I wanted to do something fun and ostomy related. We have members of all kinds of ostomies and ages. The group is majority older people 60yr+, there are a few of us youngins there. I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest at 29. I was wondering if anyone here had any fun ideas? Like brownies in the shape of a bag or lemonade for a drink.
Past Member
Mar 20, 2012 2:24 am
lumpy output shaped brownies. maybe with peanuts?
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

skidder
Mar 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

I'm going to be really bad here......get small treat bags and gather the bottoms of each with a rubber band and put tootsie rolls and/or peanuts in em. OR...little pocket packs of Kleenex or wipes from the $.99 bins at Walmart!!!!!! That is so wrong of me! But the sad thing is I'm laughing as I write this

Login to see image

skidder
Mar 23, 2012 11:28 pm
I couldn't get all those happy faces to come off...it wasn't that funny!

Have a great evening to all...
NancyAnn
Mar 25, 2012 5:19 pm
Your brownies are a good idea, be careful with the lemonade though some people especially us urostomy have to be careful of the acid content. But, You can make a banana bread that is always a hit.  Good luck.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
Quietdreamer28
Mar 25, 2012 7:00 pm
I think I might do the brownies maybe put them in the bags like skidder said. That would be fun. No one does ostomy themed snacks so it should be a nice treat. If people are too offput by the output shaped food then heck bonus is I have more brownies for me! If I brought the lemonade I would bring other drinks as well just to have a selections, plus I don't really care for lemonade myself. I could just do bottled water and crystal light packs so if they want it they can make it themselves. Will see I have about a week left to figure it all out. Thanks for the replies!

Login to see image