WAXING NOSTALGIC

Replies
Views
christiesdad
Nov 26, 2013 5:30 pm
I was just thinking, now that the thanks giving holiday is upon us again, about some of the things that I, and all of us have to be thankful for.  The fact that we are here to communicate with each other is a blessing unto itself.  Many of us would not even be here if it were not for the knowledge and ability of our medical care givers. Although we sometimes have something to complain about in the manner of treatment we received,  we are still here.  Our life styles have been altered, but we are still here.  Our loved ones still love and care for us, and we are still here.  While the calendar has not been too kind to some of us, we are still here.  Even if some of us cannot enjoy that wonderful traditional great meal, with all the trimmings, we are still here.

And , you know what?, The alternative is definitely not acceptable. SO this thanks giving, when some one offers you that tasty treat that due to your ostomy condition, you cannot accept,  don't be bitter or complain about it, after all................We are still here!!
Primeboy
Nov 26, 2013 9:44 pm
We all have a lot to be thankful for especially when we take time out to count our blessings. One of my blessings is a lot of happy memories of the day. My brother and I always managed to get the drumsticks, but what we really wanted was the wishbone a few days later when the soup was done. I remember how difficult it was on the following day when we were forbidden by the church to eat meat. The sight of that turkey in the icebox was too great a temptation for hungry lads. How times have changed. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Jack, and to everyone here.

PB
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.