Advice Needed on Ileostomy Reversal Experiences

Replies
Views
tudibird
Feb 22, 2014 3:50 am
Hi all. It's been a while since I've written. I am happy to say I've been given the green light to proceed with an ileostomy reversal but I'm nervous as hell.  I've tried to find input from others on this site but find there's not much out there on reversals.  Looking for any advice from those who have experienced a reversal.  Thanks.
Ewesful
Feb 25, 2014 9:38 pm
I think you need to give that a go if it is what you want - not a choice for me, but my niece did have the opportunity and chose it -- she will later have to have a permanent one but she is happy with the reversal - her choice is limited by the aggressive effects of FAP.  

For me I would not want to go back -- but that is an individual choice and once you decide, give it no back looks - hindsight is not positive!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Wilski
Feb 27, 2014 4:51 am
I'll let you know next week. Mine is scheduled for Tuesday, March 4th. Psych meds are great to relieve a large portion of the pre-surgical anxiety, but they only work up to a point.
tudibird
Mar 04, 2014 2:04 am
@ Wilski - can't wait to swap stories. Mine too is scheduled for Tuesday, 3/4.
Wilski
Mar 04, 2014 2:08 am
I am having mine in New York City. Roosevelt Hospital. Good luck and I hope your prep went well.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play