TV Shocker

Replies
Views
MarSka
Jun 08, 2014 8:15 pm

Did anyone catch the episode of Gang Related on Fox last week? They actually had a person with an ostomy getting frustrated and ripping the bag off. The scene showed the stoma and the ostomy output. I wondered if anybody else caught the show.

sfgiantsfan
Jun 09, 2014 2:32 am

Yes! I did catch that when I was watching the show this past week! I was definitely not expecting him to have an ostomy! 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

singsongs
Jun 09, 2014 8:00 am

I also saw it. Since the show started my husband has become a fan. He DVR'd it and was watching that episode over the weekend. I just happened to be walking past the TV when the guy got frustrated at the dinner table and went into the bathroom. I too was shocked to see them actually show a stoma. It looked very real. It kind of saddened me because there is so much lack of information in the world that a lot of people probably wouldn't even know what it was....

WAB
Jun 09, 2014 10:08 am

those of you who did not see it...check Isohunt......people post TV shows there for downloading .......you just need U-torrent to download it......... all episodes will be posted there....

LadyHope
Jun 12, 2014 12:11 am

Hi Singsongs,

Thank you so much for the post.   I totally agree with you regarding ostomy related information or lack of.  I recently saw the movie Fault in our Stars about teens with cancer meeting at a support group.  I won't share much more about the movie in the event you see it, but I felt very inspired by the end of the film.  My hope is one day someone makes a movie about the journey of gaining an ostomy and living with a stoma.  Letting the world know that gaining stoma is not the end but a new beginning.  LH

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Past Member
Jun 15, 2014 12:01 pm

I had heard but haven't seen. 

Pinky
Jun 22, 2014 4:42 pm
I don't watch TV, but I am SO glad to hear of something that actually shows an ostomy as something besides a "fate worse than death". I get so angry when ostomies (usually colostomies) are ridiculed in movies and books. I know we've all heard the nasties; hooray for something positive for a change! Thank you for this post! Pinky :)
heshootshescores
Jun 24, 2014 2:50 am

Whoa there was something on tv about ostomys. I'm really surprised and wondering why has it taken so long to show someone with a bag going through what its like. I know not everyone gets angry because of this situation and I'm only going on what you said happened.

Past Member
Jun 26, 2014 2:47 pm

I haven't seen that clip but  " Embarrassing Bodies" did a good job of portraying someone in a positive light that lives with a colostomy a number of years ago :) 

http://youtu.be/yf2tSniCh74

blueonthetyne
Mar 20, 2015 6:53 pm

its one of my main gripes at the moment, a lack of understanding from nearly everybody i know . ive now given up and when i do feel like im suffering i do it in silence, which is not very often but it does happen. i hate being questioned as to why im using the disabled loo

leah
Jun 21, 2015 10:39 pm

we have a tv show here in the uk called the undateables ,and a lovely lady was going on a date ,and she wanted to tell her blind date about her ikiostomy ,he never battered an eyelid, they went on to have a relationship, if only it was that easy for us all, 

but dont class myself as undateable, even though i hant been on a date for ages, x