Intimacy - Advice for Gay Men with Ostomies

Replies
Views
WillSplawn
Jun 20, 2024 2:37 am

Hi everyone,

I would like to know any advice as a gay man with an ostomy having sex. I'm too shy to ask my doctor and would like some advice. I am a 33-year-old male bottom.

Beachboy
Jun 20, 2024 8:21 am

To properly answer your question, more information is required.

What type of ostomy do you or your partner have? Ileostomy or colostomy.

If your partner has the ostomy, then it's really a matter of securing the bag with a belt. A long bag like a Hollister can be folded up and secured with two small paper binder clips (IGGIE clips) on each side of the bag flange.

If the bottom person has the ostomy, then consultation with a colorectal surgeon would be recommended. In many cases, only a closed-off, small rectal stump remains after ostomy surgery.

Even though you might be embarrassed, talking with a medical professional is a step you should seriously consider.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

eefyjig
Jun 20, 2024 12:11 pm

Hi Will, I have an ileostomy and make sure my bag is empty, fold it in half, and then keep it secure with some really nice panties that have strategic cutouts. You'd have to take care not to press your bag into the bed too much if facing that way, or to make sure your partner isn't pressing his belly against yours too much if you're facing up. The rest is just figuring out things along the way!

IGGIE
Jun 20, 2024 2:37 pm

Just do what you normally do, but don't use the Stoma. Regards, IGGIE.

Beachboy
Jun 20, 2024 3:17 pm

As Iggy described, do not mess around with a stoma. Or back to the ER you shall go.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play
leslielklinzing
Jun 20, 2024 11:34 pm

Hi, I found some really cute lace ostomy belts.