A New Year

Replies
Views
Charleston man
Jan 02, 2016 4:03 pm

Hello fellow Ostomates,

It's the second day of the New Year, I do wish and hope that all will have a banner one and not to many complications. Having an Ostomy can sometimes be challenging. But with a positive additude and a will to take charge it can become a second nature. Like anyhting else in Life you just have to look to the future and meet it head on. To me my Ileostomy has given me my Life back, not having to worry anymore of finding a Loo/bathroom or being strapped at home for the fear of having to find that loo/bathroom at the last minute. Don't let the Ostomy take charge of you., let you take charge of it. It is a part of your body. For those of us who have an Ostomy and for those of us who are in the process of getting one let's try to look at the New Year as a New beginning. May eveeryone have a Bright and Prosperous New Year.

Charleston guy

LadyHope
Jan 03, 2016 3:18 am

Well said Charleston Guy!  An ostomy is a new beginning....Here is to a New Year with much to look forward.  Happy 2016!  LH

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

vulcanBMk2
Jan 05, 2016 12:37 pm

Thank goodness the season of eating , drinking & silly nonsense is over .......Now I can get down to planning our summer  holiday ( vacation ) Maybe North Wales again  or I may give Lincolnshire  a try .

AlsoI notice as I have got older that the Jaguar is getting more & more difficult to  get out of  ( a bit low on the ground )  May have to look for a slightly higher SUV or MPV .

Anyway  I wish you all a Very Happy New Year .......Pete .

Mrs.A
Jan 10, 2016 11:45 pm

I wish everyone a wonderful, healthy and safe New Year. Confidence in ourselves and knowing that we are still here for a reason. Be the best you that you can be. Life is rarely easy but if we keep a good attitude it will help us deal with things a little better.