Talk

Replies
Views
Searchingforafriend
Jul 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi, I'm new, found this site. I'm not sure how it works really, fairly new to my ileostomy and know that I should connect with others with an ostomy. I'm alone and it's getting really difficult to deal with my new life on my own. I would love to talk with someone. 

Thanks for your, 

Bobby

Bettyjoe
Jul 23, 2016 4:33 pm

hi there you hsve found the right place for support.  I am four months with colostomy.  Cancer all was removed and my recovery except for some minor concrns seems to be going well.  Life with an ostomy is new to me and most folks in the beigginign I can imagine.  I was very sad and out of sorts on many a days but, somehow started taking some control of my life.  I joined this and another site which have proved to be very helpful.  I hope that you will find your place.As it is clear as you read what the folks are posting that much is not limited.  LOL

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Mrs.A
Jul 23, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi Bobby,

Welcome to MAO. You have found lots of friends here. Ask a question or tell us what's on your mind and you will find that most of us will respond with a kind and caring reply. We're here to help each other the best we can. Hope to see more posts from you but remember there is a wealth of information here that was already posted in the forum. Do a search, or just read as much as you can.

There is a chatroom as well, stop in and say hello and hopefully others will see you and answer!

Login to see image

Searchingforafriend
Jul 23, 2016 7:16 pm

Hi there, thank you very much for your reply. I'm new so trying to figure this out. 

Thanks for your concern, 

Bobby

Hermit
Oct 09, 2016 8:51 pm

Hey Bob, new to this site also. Permanent ileostomy. Wife passed while I was having colon cancer surgery 5 months ago. Been pretty rough but, still breathing. Very strange how the medical people know so little about stomas etc. like to get in my truck and discover new places. 

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
daukdeb
Jan 07, 2017 12:07 am

I hear you! I also am alone! I thank god for my kids every day, especially my oldest son, white whom I live with. Every time I think I am ready to date, I retreat! I mean in a big way, and I cannot seem to overcome it! Do others feel this way?! I'm not sure. All I know is I have not been the same person since my surgery in 2011!