Where to Dispose of Unused Drainable Bags?

Replies
Views
Lilian
Jun 25, 2017 6:53 pm

Does anyone know where I can dispose of a number of uncut drainable bags.  I don't want to just bin them if they can be used elsewhere.   Thanks

Frank
Jun 25, 2017 10:39 pm

Send them to FOW, (Friends of Ostimates World Wide).

Address:

FOW-USA
4018 Bishop Lane
Louisville, KY 40218-4539

They will accept all new supplies.  I've mailed unused supplies to them several times as a result of having to change type of supplies.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Maryriceot
Jun 26, 2017 6:15 pm

Most ostomy nurses will take them to use for their clients who may not have the money/ insurance to afford their supplies.  

Past Member
Jun 26, 2017 6:51 pm

Hi see your from the UK, here's a UK charity you can send them to have to pay the postage though.... If you have an IA group near you they accept them and pass them on and saves on having to pay postage.

The Jacob’s Well Appeal
2 Ladygate
Beverley
East Yorkshire
England
HU17 8BH
Registered Charity Number: 515235