Donating Ileostomy Supplies and Managing Joint Pain in CA

Replies
Views
Caliangel619
Jan 16, 2018 11:10 am

1. Does anyone know where I can donate ileostomy supplies to people who don’t have health insurance here in California ?

2. Has anyone been having joint pain or arthritis ? Back pain ? I’ve had my ileostomy since March 2011 and recently diagnosed with sacroilitis which is caused from Chron’s Colitis 🙁 any input is very helpful thanks everyone 

xnine
Jan 16, 2018 10:50 pm

1. there is a Californa association under events maybe they can help

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

mild_mannered_super_hero
Jan 17, 2018 1:39 am

There is a member here that could use your supplies. If interested, I will PM you her contact information. Thanks.

SURVIVOR#15
Jan 19, 2018 8:40 am

I had Ulcerative Colitis at the age of 13 that turned into Colon Cancer when I was 28 years old and they removed my entire colon and gave me a J-Pouch which I did good with for many yrs and then started getting numerous abscesses with fistulas and had to have numerous surgeries. I ended up with a permanent Ileostomy bag and I also ended up with Rheumatoid Arthritis that I have had for yrs now. It all comes from having a Bad Auto Immune system. I also am having problems with my Thyroid as well and have just started taking medications to help with that. It's just one thing after another but I wake up and Thank God for each day that he has given me no matter how bad the pain is or if it's a Good or Bad Day.