Struggling with Non-Healing Spots Post-Stitch Removal

Replies
Views
freedancer
Apr 03, 2018 12:48 am

OK guys, it has been over a month on this go around. I have two spots where some stiches were around "New Maxine" that just don't want to heal.  At this time, I am using the pancake method of stoma powder and skin barrier wipe.  It keeps the stinging at bay for a day or two sometimes, then other times it is a real pain!  Does anyone out there in Ostomy Land have any other treatment ideas?  I am in the US so if there are any new products to try, they gotta be from here.  Just when I think things are turning around, I have to take 3 steps back.  On a good note, New Maxine is working famously and my horrible pain is now gone.  I am so glad they finally fixed the issue.

Ostomate wife
Apr 03, 2018 6:01 pm

Hi Freedancer!  Do you have a post surgery check up coming up soon?  The doctor can pull the stitch or stitches out that are not dissolving. It will heal up quick after that I bet.

Have a happy day:-)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Xerxes
Apr 04, 2018 2:57 am

I am glad your "new Maxine" is cooperationg. As for the sores, patience is probably the best remedy as hard as it is to accept. A month post surgery is really not an inordinate amount of time when you're talking about a major surgical procedure.

X_

freedancer
Apr 09, 2018 6:32 am

Thanks for your reply.  I finally am having some success in healing up my sore areas.  I just kept using the stoma powder and skin barrier wipe.  I only have one stubborn spot  now.

freedancer
May 27, 2018 2:00 am

I am still having the issue.  The doctor is thinking of trying Hyperbaric treatment.  Have any of you tried that?

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play