Sudden Swelling and Blood Bubbles on My Stoma

Replies
Views
Queenbee
Apr 06, 2018 4:36 am

My stoma seems like all of a sudden swelled up to say twice its size. What does that mean? Is it infected? What do I do? I have had an ostomy for about 5 years and having it has been pretty noneventful since this evening. Also, Have a couple blood bubbles and I don't know how to react to those. Any advice or comments would be much appreciated. I to am new to this site.

maddie50322
Apr 06, 2018 4:57 am

Sometimes that swelling can indicate a blockage (either partial or complete). Infection could be possible too. How is the output like? Is the same less more? Consistencey of it?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Angelicamarie
Apr 06, 2018 8:16 am

Queenbee , seek medical attention. Angelicamarie

Xerxes
Apr 06, 2018 4:33 pm

Queenbee,

I am not familiar with this. I think Angelicamarie is right, get to a physician. Good luck.

X_

Mrs.A
Apr 10, 2018 1:50 am

My stoma seems to swell if I have too much dairy and yes it could turn into a blockage for me. Strange as it is the dairy I have is when I get a "frosted coffee". I really enjoy them but surely learned no more than one every other day. I take latose pills and they help but I learned my limit quickly. Not only will my stoma swell, but my insides hurt when I over due the coffee. If you like cold coffee and have a chick filet near you, try one, they are awesome! Hope you are feeling better.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play