Preparing for a Reversal: Liquids Only the Day Before?

Replies
Views
notaclue
Sep 17, 2018 2:50 pm

Scheduled for my reversal, and the instructions say only to not eat anything after midnight the day before and (obviously) nothing to eat or drink the day of the procedure. My wife is saying I should only have liquids the day before. Should it make a difference one way or the other?

iMacG5
Sep 18, 2018 7:43 pm

Hey Notaclue, you need more than a clue. Call your doctor and get specific instructions to prep for the procedure. You want to avoid a postponement due to bad prep.

Respectfully,

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

britathrt60
Sep 19, 2018 8:15 am

when I had a reversal many years ago I had liquids for 2 days before surgery,,check with your doctor just to be on the safe side..wishing you all the best.

Angela