Reducing Bulge in Stoma After 12 Years - Advice Needed

Replies
Views
MJT821
Feb 07, 2019 5:22 pm

Good afternoon,

I've had my osotomy for 12 years, haven't had problems or really much to do with it. My stoma sticks out a little and underneath it looks like half a grape fruit buldging out, is there any way to lessen this from sticking out so much?

Thanks

Past Member
Feb 07, 2019 6:22 pm

Hi 

I take it you mean, bulging through your clothes? I use convex bags, which you can get a belt for that hooks on, that pulls mine in a bit( I have a slight hernia). I then cut my daughters old legging up and use the tops of them, to pull it in some more  

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

britathrt60
Feb 09, 2019 3:27 am

Hi....Maybe you have a hernia...it would be worth getting it checked out..

Best wishes

Angela

iMacG5
Feb 10, 2019 12:44 am

Hey MJT, I’m also thinking you’re telling us you have a parastomal hernia. Lots of us have them. A custom made hernia belt from NU-HOPE might make things a lot better.,
Mike