New Book Launched

Replies
Views
LadyHope
Aug 18, 2015 8:29 pm
Quick add on.....I do go into the water, ankle level only. LOL
Heidi92
Aug 19, 2015 3:10 pm
Hi again LadyHope, How are you today? A colon stricture is a narrowing of part of the colon. It can lead to an impaction. The balloon dilation of the colon does seem similar to heart angioplasty,but the balloon is removed after the procedure. Lucky you, going to the beach! I really miss the ocean. The salty air, and sand between my toes. The movie Jaws did not scare me enough to keep me out of the water, but all of the shark attacks in the news lately are scary. Have a great day!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Heidi92
Aug 19, 2015 3:48 pm
Quick add on... LOL the balloon is removed in both procedures, but a stent is not placed in the colon or at least that I am aware of. I am not that familiar with colon dilation ,but i will be soon.:(
LadyHope
Oct 15, 2016 2:03 pm
Hi Friends, I wanted to update you on my publishing journey. I have another book signing today in West Chester, PA at the historic West Chester Public Library from 2-4 pm. I am very excited about the event and have been preparing for last few days. Thankfully, today is just beautiful in PA, sunny and perfect for mid October. Ironically, four years ago today I had my first of many hospital admissions for UC and my first of many blood transfusions because of my severe bleeding. Five months later, I was in the hospital for ostomy surgery in order to save my life. I am very grateful for the second chance and really hope that my little book helps others traveling a similar path. If you are in the area today, please stop by and say hello. Take care everyone....Ostomy United! We are Resilient:) Have a nice weekend. Sincerely, LadyHope aka Jayne
Bill
Oct 15, 2016 2:51 pm
Hello LadyHope.
Book signings are a great opportunity to meet people so hopefully plenty will turn up and you will sell lots of books.
Best wishes
Bill

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
LadyHope
Oct 16, 2016 2:43 pm
Thanks Bill! It was an awesome day yesterday. I did have a good flow of people all afternoon, all very much interested. It is always good to share and educate those who do not have an ostomy. We are Resilient! Ironically, October 15 2012 was my first of many hospital admissions and blood transfusions because of UC. Shortly after, (5 months) I had surgery. I felt that yesterday was a new chapter and it made me feel good. Thank you again Bill for your kind post. Hope you have a great day and a terrific week. Take care. LadyHope/Jayne
Primeboy
Oct 17, 2016 4:30 am
Hi Jayne,
Congratulations! Good luck with your promotion. Come across the Ben Franklin to Cherry Hill for another signing and I will be there.
PB/John
Bill
Oct 17, 2016 5:10 am
Hello Jayne. I'm so pleased that everything went well for you on the day as these things can be a bit hit and miss at times.
Best wishes
Bill
LadyHope
Oct 17, 2016 5:02 pm
Hi PB, Thank you very much for the post. Hope you are doing well. If the publishing company schedules something in Cherry Hill, I will certainly let you know. Thank you again. Hope you have a nice Monday! LH/Jayne
Angelicamarie
May 29, 2017 12:35 pm
Congratualtions LadyHope on your book, god bless you!!! Angelicamarie
LadyHope
May 30, 2017 3:54 pm
Thank you Angelicamarie! I can't believe it has been two years since it was published. It was may first attempt at a book and although slim publication, I am proud of it. On to the next one:) Hope you are doing well and enjoying the Spring. I would like a bit warmer weather though.... it was been rainy and chilly here for the past week....and it is the end of May. Have a terrific weekend. Talk to you soon. Sincerely, LH
Angelicamarie
May 30, 2017 4:04 pm
I'm really proud of you Ladyhope that's
A great accomplishment!!? God bless angel