Always remember, never forget

Replies
Views
Nini4
Aug 17, 2024 2:24 pm

My PSA for the day. When you change your bag and wafer and get all cute because you're meeting some friends for lunch, always remember and never forget to make sure your bag is completely attached to the wafer before you get in your car and drive. Holy crap for sure. Thankfully, I was close to home and can change clothes get all cute again and head out but damn this is not how I wanted to start my day.

Oh well at least where I'm going they have a fabulous pimento cheese dip and a wonderful bourbon slushie. So there's that.

IGGIE
Aug 17, 2024 2:28 pm

Love your way of thinking Nini.  IGGIE

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Nini4
Aug 17, 2024 2:30 pm
Reply to IGGIE

Thank you! I try to stay as positive as possible even when things are not going my way. I could get upset and angry or I can laugh and enjoy my friends once I go home and take care of things. I'm thankful everyday I get the opportunity to wake up and live my life.

Justbreathe
Aug 17, 2024 3:12 pm

Definitely a 2 bourbon slushy day !

Morning glory
Aug 17, 2024 3:54 pm

Been there and done that. I too refuse to let it spoil my whole day.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play
AlexT
Aug 17, 2024 4:27 pm
Reply to Nini4

It’s funny when we say….oh shit, it’s literal and not just a generic response. 😁 Smile, enjoy, and have the “I don’t give a shit(even though we can’t avoid it) attitude that makes life fun, it’s way better than moaning and whining about everything. 👍

Andrew82
Aug 17, 2024 4:33 pm

Lol I triple check before I leave the bathroom, every single time, since 2005.

eefyjig
Aug 17, 2024 8:40 pm

Gratitude goes a long way. Enjoy that bourbon slushie!

Beachboy
Aug 17, 2024 8:44 pm

First week with my new stoma pal.  Didn't snap the Hollister bag "fully on" at the bottom of the stoma.  Later, walking around the house...why are my feet feeling wet??  🤢

TerryLT
Aug 17, 2024 9:05 pm

I love your attitude Nini!  Your story reminds me of one of the reasons why I don't wear a two piece appliance anymore.

Terry

ron in mich
Aug 18, 2024 1:19 pm

Hi Nini glad you could make light of your situation and not let it overcome you, the last thing i do when i do a change is run my fingernail around the edge of my 2pc convatec  setup and if there,s a gap anywhere i put more pressure on that spot its part of my routine for the 30 some years of having an ostomy.

Sasquatch
Aug 19, 2024 1:43 pm

Yep, I've done that one before. I've also gotten distracted and forgot to "fold and close". Ah, the stories only ostomates understand. Way to not let it ruin your day.

Beachboy
Aug 19, 2024 9:53 pm

Even after 19 months.... it happens.  I was changing bags.  Took the new bag and squirted in some M9.  One.. little... problem.  Forgot to close and seal the drain.  Had blue M9 all over my shoes, floor.  What a mess.