Dealing with Ileostomy Blockage and Upcoming Scope Procedure

Replies
Views
AussieOstomy
Mar 11, 2021 12:54 pm

Hi everyone,I've had my illestomy for two years and was diagnosed with a suspected partial blockage or 'kink' in small bowel. I've been sick for awhile, and they thought at first colitis but bloods are perfect. Passing of large amounts of fluid stool, and some blood, cramps, pressure, pain etc etc. All the fun of it. 😀

Tomorrow I go in for a scope through the ilestomy. I've had a lot of major surgeries in the past, though a lill worried about this. Has anyone experienced this procedure? 

Thanking you for any tips 😀

ron in mich
Mar 11, 2021 5:51 pm

Hi Aussie my ilieo. was scoped before i had resection surgery a few years ago and was sedated for it as the doc wanted to look both ends to see if i also had stomach ulcers, its no biggy i had to fast the day before and only drink clear liquids. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.