Stoma Ulcer Post-Holiday: Could It Be a Flare-Up?

Replies
Views
Monica21
Jun 21, 2022 9:59 pm

I noticed a small ulcer on my stoma after I came back from holiday in Thailand . My stoma had become swollen on last few days of my holiday and quite angry looking. I put it down to the heat,eating too much fruit and drinking a few beer every day. I’m now home about 6 weeks. The ulcer is still there . I have had discomfort and burning sensation right side of body& back also left buttock area,discomfort in perineal area and suspect a flare up . I unfortunately am very fond of ice cream and a few glasses of wine at weekends which I believe has caused my problem …all self inflicted. No fool like an old fool 🙄 I’m very active person gym goer etc and not overweight but must say I’m totally gobsmacked that I may have inflicted a flare with my bad habits .Obviously I have now curtailed all the bad things and taking herbal remedies fish oil and anything I can think of to curb inflammation. Anyone any words of wisdom ? Be much appreciated! 

Mayoman
Jun 22, 2022 12:12 am

Show it to a Doc or Stoma Nurse  ...Soon !! Someone who can analyze the Tissue . It may be an infection . Herbal Medicine is not worth the risk  so please go see a Doctor !  Losing more Small Bowel  can result in " Short Bowel Syndrome"  which means Tube Feeding for Life .  Don't risk it by not going to a Doctor  to analyze this Ulcer .

Take care ,  feel better soon .

Magoo ☘

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.