Seeking Customizable Convex Wafers for Different Stoma Sizes

Replies
Views
janice
May 04, 2010 5:39 pm
I think I'd like to try convexity wafers. I called convetec & they sent me samples but they only had the ones with a precut 1 in. opening. My stomas are 7/8" and 1/2".

Does anyone know of any companies that make convex wafers that you can cut to fit?

I've heard alot about coloplast but I can't seem to find a number for America.
Rhian
May 04, 2010 6:01 pm
I live in the UK, and I have mine cut to size, I would suggest you ask your stoma nurse for advice, I use convex two piece, they're good, no leaks, which was why I changed to them as I was constantly leaking before, they can cause blistering around the stoma though, which can bleed when you take the base off, because they tend to grip more
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

lottagelady
May 04, 2010 6:06 pm
I use a Hollister Moderma Flex with convexity which I cut myself ..... hope you find something to suit xxx
Past Member
May 05, 2010 3:07 am

the part # for convex coloplast product is 12716....sorry but i have been unable to find my coloplst contact phone #
that is a 2 piece system ...i dont know which pouch  type you prefer, i use the non-drainable,vented which is part#12355.
Past Member
May 05, 2010 4:26 am
Coloplast US headquaters

phone no. 1-800-533-0464

email- ****

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
janice
May 05, 2010 6:27 am
THANKS!
wend
May 05, 2010 5:17 pm
Hi i use novalife, i have them cut for me and have cut them myself, so far no problems,,

thay also provide mini pouches for sunbathing!!,

0800 378 846,    based in west sussex,  uk, tho

good luck, x
Past Member
May 08, 2010 11:36 pm
I got some samples of Coloplast convex to try because the flat disk ones were causing me a lot of skin irritiation. The convex have been a lot more comfortable for me; I won't be going back.
ColoCant
May 17, 2010 6:38 pm
ConvaTec does have flanges you cut to size as I use one for my 1 1/8 stoma-wafer starts off at 1 3/4.......Don't know about your size. Call them, they have nurses at phone.....
janice
May 20, 2010 7:06 am
My stomas are 7/8" and 1/2".

thanks, i'll give them a call
gutenberg
May 20, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi there Janice, hoping this information will be of some help:
If you are using stoma rings and can get a really good fit around the stoma without any skin showing, there should be no problem with using the 1"  flange cause if that barrier ring is fitting nice and snug nothing can get by it,
as for the 1/2" stoma, the same rules should apply,
Best of luck Janice, Ed