What is a Barbie Butt in Relation to an Ileostomy?

Replies
Views
Rene
Sep 03, 2022 9:36 pm

Next month marks my one-year anniversary with an ileostomy. Lately, I've heard about women with ileostomies talking about their new Barbie butt. What is this procedure relative to ileostomy?

AlexT
Sep 03, 2022 11:46 pm

A Barbie butt procedure sews up your butt because something down there doesn't work anymore. Plus, it gives anyone who has the procedure an adorable little tush. 👍

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Casper9
Sep 04, 2022 7:53 pm

Hi Rene!

I had my Barbie Butt surgery in April this year. When I had my original ostomy surgery (I had ulcerative colitis), the surgeon took out my large bowel but left the rectum intact in case I wanted a reversal in the future. The reversal never happened, and I ended up with diversion colitis in the rectum. My last sigmoidoscopy showed abnormal cell growth, so the surgeon decided it was time to take out the rectum. (I didn't really need it anyway😉)

This surgery can be done laparoscopically, but I had an open surgery because of scar tissue. The rectum was removed and the anus sewn shut, so it kind of looks like a Barbie doll's butt.

Casper👻

AlexT
Sep 04, 2022 8:48 pm
Reply to Casper9

That's way more technical of an answer than I gave. 😬 😁 Mine was done laparoscopically, so I have five tiny scars on my stomach.