Urostomy Placement and Wearing Jeans: Tips Needed

Replies
Views
Mimi3
Sep 09, 2022 2:16 pm

I have a urostomy and it is really high up, like above the belly button. Does anyone else have it like that, and if so, how do you wear jeans? I have recently started wearing maternity pants, which come above it. But I'm small and I would rather wear regular jeans. However, they hit the lower part of the stoma bag, which makes the urine not drain well.

Ben38
Sep 09, 2022 2:36 pm

I have an ileostomy; my stoma is just above my belly button too. I wear regular jeans; the end of my bag just reaches the waistband height on jeans. I just try to buy longer shirts/t-shirts so the bag can hang out under them. As I don't have a urostomy myself, I'm not sure about the size difference in bags; yours may be bigger, so it might not be possible to do the same as I do.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.