Grateful for Your Guidance on My Ileostomy Journey

Replies
Views
jalrein
Sep 17, 2022 3:57 pm

I need to say thank you to every one of you who answers all the questions I have regarding my ileostomy. I have learned so much about 1 vs 2 piece, changing oneself, how often to change appliances. I'm 58 years old and disabled due to a spinal accident 2 1/2 years ago. I played a lot of amateur golf and a lot of basketball. Those days have ended. I'm retired and have many health issues due to my accident. Learning about my stoma has come from all the people here who've answered my many help questions. To those of you I say a big thank you for your directness and brutal honesty. I wish you all great health and healing!

AlexT
Sep 17, 2022 4:25 pm

There are some pretty outstanding people on here.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

imsafanwa
Sep 18, 2022 10:08 pm

Seconded! I have learned many things here that improved my quality of life in a big way. Even seemingly simple stuff like tucking a small trash bag into the waistband of my shorts during changes... no more steam cleaning the bathroom!

Thanks, all!