Reverse Colostomy

Replies
Views
Peping
Mar 11, 2015 5:07 am
I am excited that my colostomy will be reverse next week. Please pray for me that it will be succesful without complication. Its been over a year i carried this bag and I can hardly wait to have it done. It is a strugle for me and at times more of inconvinience meeting friends and on my travel it was hard carrying my bags. Now that my surgery is coming I will let everyone know how it turn out. Again please pray for me to have my colostomy reversal a success...

dizzy1971
Mar 11, 2015 7:22 pm
Hi!!! Congratulations! I had my reversal on 18th March 2014 (best birthday present ever) I haven't looked back I wish you all the best for the future an will b praying all goes well :)
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Ragdoll
Mar 12, 2015 5:24 am
Congratulations!!!!! I will keep you in my prayers and wish you nothing but the best!!!!! Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing!!!!!
Past Member
Mar 15, 2015 8:35 pm
greatplanning on mine soonlet us all know how your doinggoooood luck
rosebud922
Mar 15, 2015 9:27 pm
Hi guys: Had my colostomy in March 2014. I will be seeing the doctor tomorrow about a reversal. Because of diverticulosis, had emergent surgery. I have learned to deal with this. Sometimes it is difficult because my friends always thought that I was stush and now I wear a colostomy pouch. God saved my life for a purpose. At 73, I am going to college for my Health Information Technology degree. Keep your chin up, guys. Put a smile on your face, you are alive.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
sherrybear
Mar 17, 2015 9:23 pm
Congratulations to everyone of you guys getting a reversal,pray everything goes great,and don't forget to come back let us all know gow you are doing.....
Mrs.A
Mar 18, 2015 7:36 pm
May the Lord watch over you and guide the hands of your surgeon. May He keep you strong while you heal. Amen
latina63
Mar 21, 2015 6:15 pm
It has been 2.5 yrs since my ileostomy reversal in 2012. I have adjusted well to my new normal, just be prepared that with any bowel surgery it takes time for everything to adjust and heal and you probably will never be the same as before. With that been said, I am SO glad I did it! You will do fine and I will pray for you! We are strong!
latina63
Mar 21, 2015 6:15 pm
I will say that it all depends on where you were reconnected at. Mine was mid rectum hence the more adjustment :-)
Past Member
Mar 26, 2015 3:58 pm
Hi Peping, I hope all went well. Best wishes to you and yours. Bev
kattgentry
May 14, 2015 2:29 am
my doctor says my ostomy can be reversed but im to scared to do it. all I can think of is all the pain that I was in during the first surgery, and it took months to heal. I guess at age 61 we don't heal as fast. I just don't think I can muster the courage to go through with it.
kattgentry
May 14, 2015 2:29 am
now that I have lost my insurance I don't really have to consider having it reversed
Mrs.A
May 19, 2015 1:42 am
Oh kattgentry that sucks! Wish I knew something that I could suggest about insurance to help but don't give up, maybe someone here will respond with some helpful suggestions.
kattgentry
May 23, 2015 2:54 am
thank you for your nice thoughts