Day Trip to Idyllwild: A Harley Ride and Ostomy Bag Experience

Replies
Views
bikerboy
Jun 06, 2010 1:32 pm
went up to idyllwild for the day yesterday put 300 miles on the harley. just love those hollister flex wafers and the new image bags.they dont fall off and dont leak.had my shirt off most of the way.I use the belt but have to tape the clip so the bag doesnt fly away,only happened once so far.

I think we should have a "show your bag day" once in a while

greg
janice
Jun 06, 2010 6:30 pm
LOL..I'll show you mine if you show me yours

Login to see image

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Past Member
Jun 06, 2010 7:38 pm
show your bag and scares lol
Past Member
Jun 06, 2010 7:41 pm
Hey Bikerboy whats the numbers on those hollister units your wearing   Please

Login to see image

Im in need of some stink free days

Login to see image

bikerboy
Jun 06, 2010 10:14 pm
howdy bikerboy here

the floating flange wafer is# 14603 ,I like the 2 1/4 (57mm) wafer because you get a better seal as the adhesive area is bigger.And of course you cut the hole to fit. I also use the adapt cream so the stoma doesnt burn.The bag is a drainable mini pouch #18203,same size 2 1/4  57mm.I tell you Ive only had one leak in 22 months,I was welding and melted a hole in the bag.Today I rode over 100 miles with out my shirt off,and the bag was fine.

I some times mix the convatec bags with the hollister wafer and they work fine.The cost is about the same as regular wafers.Hollister is working on a wafer that doesnt have to be cut just stretched to fit the stoma.

good luck

greg

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
weewee
Jun 07, 2010 7:56 am
thats what i sed hollister 15204 waffer and the bag is 18194 its the 2 3/4 bag and as far as today went my b day i went out and ate with family and friend 2twice then worked on my boa tfor a fun day in the sun cant wait to go fishing
ShineyShawnee
Jun 09, 2010 10:11 pm
I've always had bad luck with the Hollister wafers.  They last me less than 24 hrs.  I've been using Coloplast Sensura and really like the wafers but the bags are a little bulkier on me.  I get a good wear time and they last me through camping trips and boat rides.  So far...so good.

I'd love to hop on a bike and feel the wind wiping through my bag. lol