Testing New Convex Appliances from Coloplast & Hollister

Replies
Views
janice
Jun 24, 2010 6:51 am
I recieved my sample convex appliances from both coloplast & hollister. I will try them both out today. I will use the hollister on my mucas fistula & the coloplast on my iliostomy.

Just by looking at them, the Hollister seems a little more flimsy. The coloplast actually has a "lock" on it to click into place once the pouch is attached to the flange which looks kinda cool.

The coloplast is just the round wafer with no "tape" on the outer edges. Could I still tape around it?

Any feedback on either of these products would be helpful. Thanks!

Login to see image

Past Member
Jun 24, 2010 10:18 am
i use the coloplast product, i like the lock ring...you can hear it "click" when it locks. the hollister must be pushed in till it "quits" clicking.  the taped edges arent required and you wont have the "glue streaks" on your skin that are hard to remove. there is a product called Welland  Hydro-Frame that j.maree showed me...they are simular to the tape...you just smooth them on at the edge of the flange. i have just tried them a few times but am impressed with them already. let us know how things go......

Login to see image

mmsh

P.S...... i can remember not so long ago when you were going thru the "dark days" and even mentioned "giving up"...........it feels good to go on the offensive and beat lifes little trials....

Login to see image

god bless
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

janice
Jun 24, 2010 12:44 pm
yes, I remember those "dark days".  I had one the other day.  Went thru 3 bags in as many hours!

Most days are good however....we'll see how this goes.  

How much wear time do u get out of the coloplast 2piece convexity?
janice
Jun 24, 2010 12:45 pm
it also came with the velcro bags which I'm not sure I like.  Do they have a regular open end pouch that will work on this flange?
Past Member
Jun 25, 2010 10:22 am
i get 7 days out of the flange, provided i also use the eakin ring. i use the vented non drainable pouch, which i change every day. they are about 50$ per 30 units which would be like $1.20 each{terrible at math}. hope this helps........

Login to see image

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
janice
Jun 25, 2010 4:37 pm
7 days is great!  I got the extended wear extra convexity SenSura click.  Is that what you have?
Past Member
Jun 25, 2010 11:24 pm
mine are "assura" flange # 12716   pouch #12355
Mike
Jun 26, 2010 3:25 pm
I use Convectec I usually get 3-4 days wear time Pouch 401512 Flange 125272
lexus1
Jun 30, 2010 3:11 pm
I use Convatec drainable with an E-Z vent; I get 3-4 days unless skin issues, then could replace a few per day as yourself.