Wiping

Replies
Views
bikerboy
Jul 13, 2010 5:51 am
Okay I haven't posted in a few days and I know you guys like my stories,sooo.Before my surgery when I had to wipe my bum if I even sensed I got some feces on my hand I went into a tizey and would commence to run for water to GET IT OFF my hands.Now after 23 months,and having my bum just a foot from my head ,when I rinse my bag off or wipe the bag I get crap (even tho only paste or water) on my hand its not a big deal and I say out loud oh I crapped on myself.I just lather up and wash my hands and wonder what else is happening today.Another thing I've started doing in public restrooms when people are around is to say out loud  "I dont remember eating that",or I say "hey that looked the same coming out as it did when I ate it".

life is what you make it

bikerboy greg
lottagelady
Jul 13, 2010 8:47 am
Thank you Greg, that made me smile on a bad day xx
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Past Member
Jul 13, 2010 11:20 am
i see bumper stickers saying " SHIT Happens!"...i say sure does!!!!!! and thats Good LMPO
beatrice
Jul 13, 2010 1:15 pm
Bikerboy - I like your style

Login to see image

Rach - hope today is a better day for you - hugs.

Beatrice
Past Member
Jul 13, 2010 1:29 pm
Hahaha, nice bikerboy

Login to see image

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
lexus1
Jul 13, 2010 1:51 pm
yes Bikerboy, keep (always) a sense of humor; I used to freak when my pouch lost a seal, and now after a few years it is just another few minutes to a fix, then move on. Funny how we all adapt!  lex
Past Member
Jul 13, 2010 1:58 pm
bikerboy, I need those jokes as much as anyone else, you have a personality that can make anyone laugh no matter how bad things get.  You have a God given gift and I am glad you are a friend as people like you are really rare to even meet in this life.  Thank you for giving me a laugh for the day as I needed it also.  One great guy riding our highways and I could pass you and never know and that would be a sad day for me if I did know as taking you out for coffee or dinner would be a privalage.  Thanks again for making me go from tears to a laugh, God Bless you my friendly bike rider I hope to meet one day, Love ya Jenny

Login to see image

swiffer
Jul 13, 2010 1:59 pm
Yep after 6 years i am used to it . I do often wonder what the person next to me the the public restroom thinks when he hears the water splashing in the stool when i am dumping it or if they wonder why i am filling up a disposable cup with water and taking it in to the stall and coming out with it empty. Just a part of the life we lead i suppose.
lottagelady
Jul 13, 2010 3:24 pm

Thanks Beatrice, needed those hugs, having the day from hell ..... could be worse though, bag could have come off as well, that would do it for me today ... xxx
Past Member
Jul 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Me too!  I often think the person in the next stall must think there's a horse taking a leak in there but whatcha gonna do! Do like those "automatic flush" public loos, kinda makes us all sound the same then!
Cheers!  

Login to see image

skyblue
Jul 13, 2010 4:51 pm
i some times say when i am in the staff canteen that looks like the contents of my bag some how it puts people off don't no why?
gutenberg
Aug 29, 2010 1:31 am

Maybe its because some people have a shitty sense of humor, as long as you can get a laugh out of it, you've won.
My New Bum
Oct 22, 2010 11:15 pm
I like to expose the bag and give it a gentle squish when asked if I would 'Like desert?' at any number of resturants in chinatown usually complemented with a quick 'Let's see eh?' Nets me a couple of days of giggling

Login to see image

Pinky
Oct 24, 2010 7:44 pm
You guys are hysterical!  Also, who besides me thinks Bikerboy Greg should be nominated to replace George Carlin (same witty style) with A LITTLE EXTRA - first stand-up comedian with an ostomy - if anyone can do it at open-mike at the Comedy Store - YOU can Greg!

You guys make me think of that scene in Austin Powers where he wrestling with the bad guy in the stall and then flushes him - "Good God Boy - whaddya EAT!!!!!!"     

Login to see image

Teddiee
Jul 05, 2016 10:22 pm

It put people off because what you said is NOT funny - at all!!  I certainly would not have been happy to be there and hear it!!  I've had my ostomy for years and I do have a good sense of humour, but could not even smile at your crass comment.

Teddiee
Jul 05, 2016 10:24 pm

My post above was to Skyblue