New here

Replies
Views
krisfx
Jul 29, 2010 3:34 pm
Just thought i'd say hi to people on the forum, i'm a new ostomate for the time being and sometimes I think it would be better to talk to people in a similar situation rather than friends etc. who don't really understand =D
Past Member
Jul 29, 2010 5:14 pm
hey kris, welcome to ostomate...there are lots of good people here  to help you thru any trouble you might experience.....or answer any questions you might have.  

Login to see image

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

krisfx
Jul 29, 2010 5:26 pm
Ahaha a reply =O

Yeah I just got back from the stoma nurse and found out I have "telescoping".
krisfx
Jul 29, 2010 6:09 pm
Haha yeah I registered and realised alot of people date here *facepalm*
gutenberg
Jul 29, 2010 6:45 pm

A warm welcome Krisfx, hope you get to know some really nice people who will go out of their way to try to give any help possible. Your first post threw me a curve ball with the  word "telescoping", although I think I know what it means its the first time I remember seeing it on the forums. If it is your stoma that is telescoping would you mind explaining how much and how often this occurs and does it become flush with your skin? Thx, Ed

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
krisfx
Jul 29, 2010 6:53 pm
Yeah I use adhesive dougnuts and most of the time it used to be just out, now it either sits flush or pushes out far, the problem lies when it pushes out far this tightens the stoma mouth.

Ive been told that it is correctable by surgery (I assume the stoma is sat wrong or has not bonded with the last llayer of muscles before the skin). But because my reversal is so imminent I think they want to just bring the reversal date foreward.

One question I do have is what is it like after reversal, I still have most of my colon as only part of the ilium and colon was removed.
healthyguy
Jul 29, 2010 8:46 pm
Welcome to our world.  We are all here to help you if you need the help.  Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any help to you or give you any suggestions on caring for your ostomy.

Have a great day

Login to see image

lexus1
Jul 29, 2010 10:59 pm
Hi Kris!  I cant tell you anything about reversal, mine is here for life. But I think you need to be pretty careful if your stoma is poking itself out so far. I have injured mine and the bleeding is profound. Glad you found us!! Always find out as much as you can about your health hon, take care lex
swiffer
Jul 30, 2010 2:43 am
Yep welcome , There is a tread going on reversals here on the site . Look around and ask as many questions as possible. You wont be the new guy for long. People joining every day.
krisfx
Jul 30, 2010 11:25 am
Yeah =] Cheers.
eddie
Jul 31, 2010 8:40 pm
Hi Kris, first thing welcome, we are all ages on this site & all help each other !  To answer your question if you have all or most of your colon left your BM's should be formed if they were before the surgery.  They just go back in and suture or sew back together the part of the colon forming your ostomy with the part they left inside ( like splicing together two pieces of water hose)  hope this helped.

eddie

Login to see image

J.J.
Aug 01, 2010 3:14 am
Hello Kris..glad your here!!...I am a newbie from a few weeks back..everyone has been great here..!..so from one newbie to another...welcome

Login to see image

take care,

J.J
krisfx
Aug 03, 2010 11:01 am

Yeah it did help thanks =]
Gus
Aug 03, 2010 8:09 pm

hehehe I read this and my first thought" yeh me and Gutenberg haf been datin forevaaaaaaaaaaaaa. " lmao bloody sicko jhahaha
Tiggy
Aug 04, 2010 8:32 pm
Hey you! Welcome to the forums! ^_^

I try to pop in here fairly regularly. My husband has had his ileostomy for one year and four months now, and we're going stronger than ever despite all the interesting changes he's been through!

I know it's extremely scary and even horrifying to experience something so different and drastic (especially when you're a young man), but I feel obligated to let you know that there most definately *is* life after ostomy surgery. My hubby and I have a very active sex life, we travel, and we do all the wonderful things we used to do. I can't speak for him, but I myself don't even notice his bag half the time now.

Login to see image

Cheers, and hope to see you around the forums from time to time.