CT Scan Tips for Patients with an Ileostomy

Replies
Views
kinder
Nov 10, 2010 1:21 am
Make sure to tell them that you have an ileostomy and they will only make you drink half as much as normal people . You usually have to drink 4 glassfuls so they cut that in half. Also make sure as soon as you are finished to immediately get to a rest room as this stuff really comes out fast. The first time I had a CT with contrast they made me drink the four glassfuls and before I had left the hospital I went to the restroom twice and luckily on our way home I found a ziplock bag in the glove compartment and opened the end of the pouch directly into it until we got home - it proved to be a lifesaver. Don't leave the facility until you are sure most of the drink is through you.

Kinder
nessy
Nov 10, 2010 6:00 am
Same thing happened to me, had bad diarrhea on the way home.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.