1 Year on from Surgery

Replies
Views
woody
Feb 15, 2011 9:49 am
Today is my one year annivesary from my ileostomy surgery.

I would like to this opportunity to say thank you to all on this site for their helpful tips and hints.

I have been very fortunate to eat all the food I ate prior to surgery.

I have also returned to my fasvourite hobby quad biking ,trail riding and camping with my family.

I did return back to work 6 weeks after returning home from surgery.

I also returned back to hospital 5 months later to have all the remaing bits removed. No J-Pouch option availble now.

I had some concerns with flying as my job required my to fly interstate on occusions.

Thanks to some of the post on this site my concerns where put to ease.

I have also had very little incidents with my waffers using some of the hints form this site.

Once again thank you all

I have been shy when it comes to writting post over the year.

I will try more in the coming future.

Regards

Mark
Past Member
Feb 15, 2011 2:46 pm
Congratulations. my colosto-versary is a week from this saturday.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

wend
Feb 15, 2011 2:46 pm
Thats lovely to hear mark,

Login to see image

Im also just over a year after my colostomy op, and like you eat almost everything i ate prior to the op,

I took a long while to heal due to radiotherapy and chemo, but have recently got my 6 months All clear! which is brilliant

Login to see image

Ive been abroad, and going again soon!!, done a lot of swimming!! weekend away! all the normal things again, which at one point thought i would never do, i return back to work in a couple of weeks..

I agree with you, this site has helped me a lot, with reading the forums, profiles, handy tips,

and support, helps us realise we are not alone.

I must add, the bag is no real problem now either.

Thanks to all ,

Login to see image

xx