We need Pouches in The House and TheSenate

Replies
Views
Georga41
Feb 16, 2010 3:38 am
WE NEED POUCHES AT THE HOUSE AND THE SENATE!!!!.......WE NEED POUCHES AT THE HOUSE AND THE SENATE!!!!....Fellow Ostomates we are at a time in life again where Government collide. We have been fighting for our lives, then we have to fight for our supplies. Have we not had enough!!!! This is the year we need to be heard ...till they pass bills to take care of our supplies so we can be PRODUCTIVE!!!!! Not worrying about where are we going to get our supplies....Life is tooooooo short!!!! This gives JOBS!!! This puts money back into the Government!!! Why are we still sitting back and taking this??? There are millions of us...with millions of VOTES!!!!!!!......Let the pouches be recognized!!! Do not live in fear of what others think!!!!! I have had an Ostomy for 30 YEARS and we are STILL under a stupid STIGMA that WE allow to EXIST......Women fought for the right to vote...blacks fought the right to vote.....We have not had to fight to vote...we have been to ashamed to be noticed to vote...WELL I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!! My little Ole vote will be there and my voice will be there first.
banshie3by5
Feb 18, 2010 7:33 pm
Here here!

I'd lay bets that there are or have been pouches in the Senate & House...because we've has presidents with them, also. Unfortunately politicians have an income and/or insurance that allows them better access to healthcare. So it's not just an ostomy issue, it's a healthcare issue. Joy joy
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.