2 and a half weeks in...

Replies
Views
stewie_the_stoma
May 29, 2010 5:03 pm
So... it's been a little over two weeks since my surgery and recovery is going quite well !!!

The surgery went super well... I never knew you could be in so much pain after waking up in the recovery room... It's pretty bad when you can barely talk and you keep trying to tell the nurses that you're going to puke... all they tell you is to relax and breath... I hated those words...

The following day I was up and walking around, the pain wasn't too bad, although the PCA helped a lot... I was hurting more in the shoulders and back than where the surgery was... I guess it's from the gaz and the lap. surgery... took a few days (3 or 4) until I was finally feeling better and not so bloated !!

Now it's been two weeks... Things are going quite well, although I sometimes get a lot of pain in my stomach, seems like things aren't digesting very well... (potatoes mostly) The stoma is good although, I seem to have easy leakage around the bottom of the stoma, my skin is a little irritated...

I'm hoping I can start going to the gym soon... I don't want to rush anything because I don't want to get a hernia... I don't know how easy they are to get !?!?
weewee
Jun 03, 2010 10:16 am
they come pretty easy so be carefull no lifting i have had two so far and not fun
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.