A day in the life of geoff & (eric(stoma)part 1

Replies
Views
Tall geoff
Jun 05, 2010 2:00 pm
Today is the start of a new day.
I was 37 the other day and what a year its been.

The issues.
Well the mental ones of having the bag on my side and the hernia which make the bag stand out is one that we all need to deal with.
So how do i cope with having to poo in to a bag every day.
how do i cope with having a bag on my side that everyone can notice if they look hard enough with the hernia sticking out.
Well to be honest having real bad colitis for many years not being able to do any thing because of the need of the toilet put things in to prospective.

I mean when you go through a real bad time with colits which we all know. having a bag is not really that bad,
is it?????
ok what gone on in the last year.
ive lost my soon to be ex wife cos of it and many other things which i wont say on here she did to me but she hated my colitis even before i had the bag never understood what its like to have to cope on your own any way i got treated like shxt on your shoe for 7 years while i was ill and waiting for the opp i delt with it on my own mixing and remixing music and writing poems songs and adverts oh i got a real good one for the gallay bar any way to the point lol oh were was i oh yes and with the prospect of having a bag well i had many years of dealing with life being so shit having to cope on your own when the bag did finally come i was mentally prepared it was just dealing with the issues of maintaining the stoma bag i needed to deal with .
so in a way i have a bag on my side but what ive had to endure in the past 7 years well to be honest the bag is not so bad compared what i had to put up with before the bag.
so thats how i cope with the bag and its dealing on a daily basis.
I think about what life was like before the bag and now without being treated like your worthless being treated like dirt becuase of an illness you never asked for with some person getting you down life feels good.
ok im a stong willed guy and now im getting my life back to the way it should be without all the crap pardon the pun lol.

ok so now im single i felt like i was one my own even when i was with my ex for 7 years so well all its done is now
im very fussy on the person i want to share and be in my life . hence my profile ok some would say TMI i say its to the point and honest .
i dont mess people around and dont want to be messed around any more im and clear about what i want in life.even if its some time hard so see but i still battle on living each day as it comes.
so thats a day in the life of geoff all i need now is to find that special someone who is very understanding and can handle a loving genuine guy and want to be loved and cared for just like i want.you could say i'm romeo looking for his Juliette well when i get a moment to update a day in the life of,,,,i will take care for now x x geoff

to be loved to be cared for to be that special one
kaz03
Apr 20, 2013 12:22 am
Hi Geoff i was also treated badly by my ex husband i have a colostomy and a urostomy and i am so glad i was told bout this site coz even with family and friends its nice to talk to others with a stoma . Life can get lonely sometimes can't it but some people are shallow minded and i think we can do without these sort of people lifes too short x
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.