Son heading out of Country today

Replies
Views
lexus1
Aug 20, 2010 12:11 pm
Driving son to airport this early a.m. He is going to Albania for work (core~driller) He will be 2 months work/ 2 weeks off cycle. First leg is Spokane to San Fransisco,CA. thenMunich, Ger. then onto Tiana, Albania. 27+ hours! I'm glad he gets to see the world, just a mom's worry about all the planes and things: He is over 30 now, so....After the 6 hour drive to airport and back I am helping out at the local Eagles for their dinner tonight. This morning was another day I woke up with a leak...GAAAH! I am crossing fingers this new pouch will adhere for the car ride at least...Seems when I have a leak, the skin peri-stoma gets weepy and perpetuates the issue of not holding on. Have a great day all, lex
carly
Aug 21, 2010 11:49 am
hi- like your attitude about son and his adventures- about the leaking.. i had trouble in may- went to the stoma nurse and got some tips on how i was changing appliance- and since then it seemed to clear up..knock on wood- no leaks since may..but- yes- sometimes the skin- peri stomas still gets a little weepy- and then i try and air it out a bit...have a good day.. carly
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

lexus1
Aug 21, 2010 8:00 pm
yes Carly! I try to keep up-beat, had the ileostomy for just over 2 years now, my life has VASTLY improved since...despite the leaks. I am not a full member yet, will try to post to ya tho. I was just in LongBeach, WA and walked the dunes with the wind at my back; Smelled the salty air...love the oceans too. lex