Just a Question and looking for Answers!

Replies
Views
icejazz
Jun 03, 2011 3:54 am
So I love my kids dearly but they will alwas find the "Bag" as they say. Now, I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. I would like to go swiming with them and go to the beach too. The problem that I am having id this bag. I am new with it but all I do is play with it. I am now using a 1 peice and I am not leaking out as much. And sleeping just is not happening. What am I doing wrong? I think I need help.

Past Member
Jun 03, 2011 12:16 pm
Hello icejazz,
I read your profile but it doesn't say whether you have an ileo or colostomy, so I don't know If I have the right info for you. I have and ileo and for swimming I use a smaller closed end pouch , 2 piece system. I carry extra bags to discard any possible output. I don't wear bikini's and try to use dark colored suits as they redirect your eyes. I usually wear a t-shirt or cover up out of the water and I would think that a mans suite would be even more concealing just by their very design. If you have a colostomy and irrigate, you shouldn't have a problem at all. When I'm in a warm climate such as the beach, or anywhere hot, my output is almost nothing, even with an ileo. Hydration is important, but in public I'm careful to avoid carbonated drinks or use "Beano or GasX" to avoid those sounds we all dread..LOL There's nothing you can't do with a little preparation. I wish you great luck and exceptional fun !!!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Primeboy
Jun 03, 2011 3:13 pm
When I started wering the bag (ileo), I also played a lot with it just to make sure it was on securely. I also had problems sleeping because I could not roll around like I used to and because I was anxious about leakage. In time you will stop focusing on the bag continually, and your sleep will improve. I use a high output bag so I do not worry about it filling up and exploding while I am sleeping. My doctor gave me sleeping pills to get me through the first 90 days. As time passed, I would break them in half reducing my dependency on them completely. Be patient and you will take the quality of your life up "another notch" as Emeril likes to say.
brooklyn
Jun 09, 2011 3:55 pm
I always let a little leak out and float to the top. It gives you that needed oppotunity to swim alone for awhile. HAHAHAHA. Buddy, I also use a two peice and use the space stripes to cover any skin around the stomer. This way you have a tight seal. You will be fine. And if something happens just yell fire and when they all look get out of the water and blame one of the kids. Have a great summer.