POUCH SURGERY 2MORO AAAHHHH!! FREAK 2 FREAK OUT - 0 !!!!!!!

Replies
Views
Irishcuddy
Nov 16, 2011 10:05 am
Holy god, just got word from the surgeon that they have a bed available for me to get the first of my operations for pouch surgery 2MORO!!!!!! :O Sorta semi excited to just get it over me for christmas so that i can enjoy the wee ones get their santa pressies but still freaking out, its like they say when you have a near death experience that your whole life flashes before your eyes, well im having a near surgery experience where all that can go wrong with the operation and with the reversal is all i can freakin think of, super researching things right now on the internet, which i kno is a bit mad as i had over 4yrs to prepare, talk about doing things in da last minute!!! ha ha fink da more you kno the worse off you are tho so i have firmly stepped away from the search engine site!!! ha : ) Thank god for this site right now so that i can properly vent my anxiety on to fellow understanding good boweless folk like myself!!! : ) Yeah so anyone thinking about having the reversal ill keep an update on my well being as soon as i get properly on my feet, ill still have the bag, their just making the pouch with this op and then letting it rest for 3 months then in january (hopefully!!) hookin it up and letting it flow to see if it works, sorta like human plumbing system!! Ha sense the nervousness in my cheesy jokes!!!!! Aaahhhhh : ) Anyhoo any of you who are even slightly religious hav a wee thought for me in your prayers 2nite dat all goes well!!!! steph xxxxxxxx

tess45
Nov 16, 2011 12:47 pm
Steph I will keep you in my prayers and I hope that all goes well with this first step. Please let us know how you are when you are recovered. Greatest of Luck and Take Care - Terry
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

DH
Nov 16, 2011 1:14 pm
Good luck with your surgery and happy holidays!
Kerry
Nov 16, 2011 2:29 pm
Greetings Donegal..Will light a candle tonight for you....positive thoughts, and it shall be...xxx Kerry
Primeboy
Nov 16, 2011 3:32 pm
We all wish you a successful reversal. No doubt you'll be high-stepping with Michael Flatley and his crew in a few months. Speaking of cheezy jokes, your situation offers a unusual nuance to the old Irish prayer: May the wind always be at your back...(sorry). The best is yet to come! Keep us posted. PB

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play
Bill
Nov 16, 2011 5:41 pm
Hello Irishcuddy,What a lovely name! I hope all goes well with your surgery and recovery. Best wishes Bill
megmargaret
Nov 16, 2011 6:06 pm
Hope all went well for you Margaret .
Past Member
Nov 16, 2011 6:42 pm
Hi Irishcuddy just want to wish you luck for tomorrow,and your certainly in my prayers tonight. My thoughts are with you ..tc ambies..
megmargaret
Nov 16, 2011 6:54 pm
Sorry i hope it all goes well as im sure it will, iknow the feeling, il say a wee prayer and know you'll be fine take care Margaret .
MrsO
Nov 16, 2011 7:00 pm
hi, not sure if you'll pick this up in time, but i really wish you all the best for your op. i'm sure everything is going to be fine and i look forward to reading you blog after you've had the op. take caremrs o xx
Past Member
Nov 16, 2011 7:03 pm
Along with my Blessings, I wish you a speedy recovery, my friend.........Let us know how you are, okay? BEG
Past Member
Nov 29, 2011 9:13 pm
Hi Steph, hope everything went well for you and you're already on the mend! Be sure to keep us posted on your progress. I'm especially interested as I'm due to have the first of my two j-pouch surgeries very soon!
Irishcuddy
Jan 17, 2012 5:18 pm
Thank you all so much for your kind words, brought a tear to my eye to realise how supportive people can be, sure ya kno what dey say about us folks, small stoma, big heart!!! : ) Thanx god bless xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx