CCAC Useful or Useless

Replies
Views
tess45
Nov 23, 2011 2:11 am
Guess which way I would answer - latest CCAC B i t c h

Once again CCAC has refused to approve my dressing material - no reason given to me and none that my Nurse will share - Thank God my Wound Care Nurse from the hospital (she's AWESOME) is going to supply the dressing material - Really how long does CCAC want to look after me and pay for medical and ostomy supplies for? The Hollister product that my Wound Care Nurse is using would be far cheaper for CCAC in the long term than something else that will take that much longer for me to heal if it works and be discharged from their care why they are still supplying all of the rest of my medical needs. I keep thinking that this must be a joke - surely no company would want to spend more money long term and take a small hit up front?

It just pisses me to no end to have to put up with this kind of backward thinking never mind the fact that the longer they screw around with alternatives the longer it takes for me to heal and GO BACK TO WORK!!!

UGH !!!!

Bill
Nov 23, 2011 8:54 am
Hello Tess45,Thanks for posting this I found it very interesting. It would be useful to know exactly why they are treating you in this way. However, as they are not telling you we might be allowed to guess at the reasons. I have been fascinated and enlightened by the posts on 'stoma stigma'. Whilst these were still at the forefront of my mind your post implied many of the symptoms of people who simply don't understand the nature of the condition and make decisions based on that ignorance. For me this seem discriminatory and would qualify for a post on 'stoma stigma'.Best wishes Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

grandy
Nov 29, 2011 2:47 am
What does ccac stand for? Sorry but I really don't know. Tks
valleyjohn
Nov 29, 2011 3:11 am
Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee ? Community College of Allegheny County ?
tess45
Nov 29, 2011 1:20 pm
Grandy stands for Community Care Access Centre - they provide home nursing care buy your medical and in my case ostomy supplies etc until I am released back into the wild

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play