Being Inatmate with my wife problems

Replies
Views
Mart
Feb 20, 2012 1:58 am
I find it difficulty with my bag getting in the way when we want to be intimate.??? I also have a hormone imbalance which I have a large belly too My tumor is a result to that hormone problem. Though what does one do to keep he bag from getting in the way??? thank you.

Mart

weewee
Feb 20, 2012 1:54 pm
depending on your stoma and how active you are they make a stoma cap that you can wear and you have to plain your meals so that you arent active at the time you want to have fun with the wife
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Franicaa
Feb 20, 2012 2:27 pm
I fold my bag up and tape it or tuck it into the flap of fabric on the bag. stops it from swinging around and afterwards I can just unfold it and go to sleep :)
bklyn girl
Feb 20, 2012 3:38 pm
You can buy a belt or wrap to put around you at the time..
kbd
Feb 21, 2012 4:14 am
You can tape the bag out of the way. Use some good bandage tape and tape it up high and to the side.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play
luzoo
Feb 22, 2012 5:52 pm
I suggest you look at the site www.ostomysecrets.com. They have a wrap that you can use to cover your bag and it helps keep it out of the way. I find it very useful.
Jeyden
Mar 01, 2012 1:47 am
Being a female, i have issues also, my surgeon had found me some tube tops, also they sell belly bands for pregnant women, wrap it around you and you are good to go, even tho it is for women cant see why it wouldnt work for a male also, just some suggestions....good luck!
Past Member
Mar 01, 2012 2:35 am
I ran in to the same problem recently. But i found that a stretchy tube top neatly held my bag in place and kept it out of sight. I have also discovered that not eating or drinking very much for about 4 hours before intimacy really slowed Helga the Horrible's activity. My husband is very kind and gentle and we have discovered so many new things that increase our time together. I hope that you are able to find some answers and comfort here. Ostomates are amazing people that have so much intelligence and insight that you will be able to discover something that works for you and your wife.
Green Eyed Lady
Jun 06, 2012 9:23 pm
Hey, try this website: http://www.stealthbelt.com/They seem to have some pretty cool ostomy belts which to me look more like a scarf tied around your belly. You put your bag on sideways and place it into the belt where it gets zipped inside and it's basically not noticeable as wearing a bag that's flopping around. You can even wear it during sports or swimming (and it won't come off until you take it off)...the prices are a bit steep, but I like the concept...and they look pretty cool...check it out!
Past Member
Jun 17, 2012 2:53 pm
Thanks for the info green eyed lady! I know that I am going to check it out immediately! I just wish i could find some bags that would stay on after showering and swimming. i always have to change it after it gets wet because they leak horribly. i tried using waterproof medical tape but that didnt help. someone suggested using saran wrap but i didnt understand what they meant on how to use it.
Green Eyed Lady
Jun 17, 2012 3:56 pm
Hmmm..I wear a 2-piece Hollister New Image wafer and separate pouch and I have no trouble showering at all. I just remove the bag and shower just with my wafer on. As soon as I get out of the shower, I towel off the wafer real good and then just put the bag back on. I try to shower when rosebud isn't as active (before meals is a good time or a couple hours after meals). My bags do not leak after swimming, either. When I swim, I put my bag on sideways (across the belly button) and just slip into my suit. I wear tankini suits that seem to cover up the slight bulge we have from the appliances. It hides it very well. There are also other types of bags by Hollister that are either shorter (7 mini drainable) or closed end 7. This makes it so much more comfortable when swimming or wanting to wear shorter shorts! Let me know why your bags are leaking (if you can figure the culprit out). If I were you, though, I'd ask for free samples from other companies to try different wafers/bags to come up with the right one for you. You definitely shouldn't have to deal with leaking bags after showering or swimming. There are also stoma caps or bandages that you can wear (for short periods like showering)...use these when output is minimal. Hope this stuff helps you!
littlewheel
Jun 18, 2012 1:56 am
After I shower, I pat the bandage area of the wafer with toilet paper, and then take another dry piece and wrap it around the outside, between the wafer and pouch, and then put on my shorts. By the time I shave, have my morning oatmeal and coffee, the area is dry.
Franicaa
Jun 25, 2012 10:18 pm
I use Coloplast Sensura 1 Piece, they stay on a dream whether it's a 5 minute shower or a 45 minute bath! Then blast them with cool air from the hairdryer for 5 or so minutes and it's dry :)