WOW! What a year

Replies
Views
kirstyleannewalker25
Apr 15, 2012 4:53 pm
Can not believe a year has gone by since I first had my ileostomy. I've had a few downs but overall it has been a great year. Firstly I can walk anywhere I want, even if there ain't a toilet in sight. I can go out with the girlies not having to worry about pooing my pants. I can live my life without being on 22 tablets a day (definitely don't miss that). My toilet roll bill has been halved. I can watch a whole episode of eastenders without running to the bog. Having my bum sown up was great, the thought of never having a colonoscopy is heaven. Plus bertie has been pretty well behaved, only had 3 leaks which I think is pretty good.

The best thing though is having the support of the amazing people on this website! I couldn't have got through it without every ones support, no matter how silly my questions where. THANKYOU

Kirsty x

Past Member
Apr 15, 2012 5:41 pm
hi kristy im so pleased things have turmned out ok for you,the last i rea you said you were having a few problems lol love the name berite ..tc ambies x
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

gee07
Apr 16, 2012 10:42 am
Hi Ambies, After reading your profile I was going to send you a message but as I'm not a full member it seems I cannot.I'm 2 yrs older than you so not too sure if I fit your age limit lol.I'm very new on this site but find it a bit of a mind field and therefore, still trying to find my way round.Have posted some replies only to see they are sometimes a yr ago. Still will get there in the end, am sure. I have had my ileo., for more half my life, 41 yrs. Still have hang up's with it, don't think it is ever playing sailing for all the time.Anyway if you want to contact then please do.By the way I am a female and in a happy marriage and a grown up daur,. Gee
kirstyleannewalker25
Apr 16, 2012 3:40 pm
Thanks ambies! still having some trouble but overall having my bag for life has been the right choice for me. Hope your doing okay! x
Past Member
Apr 16, 2012 6:50 pm
Hi Kirsty, im doing ok i have some probs now and then and ive had my stoma for many years , my probs are adhesions inside so kinda get in the way of bowel and causes blockages, but sometimes its food related but hey im get by lol you have to keep the good fight. Theres always someone on here whos worse off .. Hope things keep smooth for you im sure they will no turning back now .. tc ambies...

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Past Member
Apr 16, 2012 6:50 pm
Hi Gee07 just to let you know ive not got full membership but someone has kindly sent you my email address so you can write me . I would be please to write you back if i can help in any way..tc ambies
gee07
Apr 17, 2012 8:05 am
Hello Ambies,Just to say I did send off an email to the address your friend sent me on Monday evening but it was retuned to my inbox as address not right.Perhaps you could check with your friend and see if the address was correct, perhaps dot in the place, something like that. Thanks Gee07