Surgery/update

Replies
Views
Itsme58
Jun 04, 2024 6:56 pm

Well, this is a surgery update, Since my last surgery that was March 7, I had a prolapse growth on my stoma, which was cancerous, I let my surgeon remove it in the doctor office and he sent it off to biopsy. 

So now we’re going to have a revision of my stoma where my surgeons gonna take part of my colon and make me a new stoma, and I pray that all my cancer worries will stop, So I can enjoy time with my granddaughter as I’ve been watching her Monday through Friday from 6:30 AM to 4:00 PM and she is my reason for feeling so well and hoping for the best.

So I need all my little prayer warriors to give me some prayers on June 13 my new surgery date for stoma revision. I thank each and everyone of you and I so appreciate you all thank you so much, Linda

Morning glory
Jun 04, 2024 7:34 pm

My prayers  are going up for you Linda.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

eefyjig
Jun 04, 2024 8:12 pm

Sending lots of healing energy your way, Linda, and hoping for a speedy recovery so you can spend all that time with your granddaughter again. 

DexieB
Jun 04, 2024 8:37 pm

Praying for you Linda!  

aTraveler
Jun 05, 2024 1:21 am

Linda you continue to be blessed — finding cancer early and able to enjoy your Grandchild. Me and my family will include you in our nightly prayers — we will pray for your healing and your continued courage. Linda know that you are blessed.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Riva
Jun 05, 2024 2:02 am

Prayers sent !

IGGIE
Jun 05, 2024 8:33 am

G-Day Linda, Lots of good vibes coming your way. Look forward to hearing from you after the successful operation. Regards IGGIE xxx  

Axl
Jun 05, 2024 8:57 am

Login to see image

DavidK
Jun 05, 2024 9:13 am

Hi Linda,

The very best of luck with everything.

It sounds like you have an excellent medical team and that they are very much on top of things, I hope it all works out okay.

Take care,

David

Beth22
Jun 05, 2024 12:03 pm

Praying for you ... Hang in there and remember no matter what you never walk alone God is always right there with you

ron in mich
Jun 05, 2024 12:27 pm

Good luck Linda  hoping you have a speedy recovery.

MoeMoe
Jun 05, 2024 10:45 pm

Sending prayers, good vibes and sunshine your way!! And wishing you a speedy recovery after surgery 🙏🏽 

MoeMoe
Jun 05, 2024 10:45 pm

Sending prayers, good vibes and sunshine your way!! And wishing you a speedy recovery after surgery 🙏🏽 

Kas
Jun 05, 2024 11:20 pm

Keeping you in my prayers and wishing you a speedy recovery!

Itsme58
Jun 06, 2024 1:45 am

Thank you everyone for the prayers in the well wishes, I appreciate it so much you have no idea, The surgeon said he might have to move my stoma, so we’ll see how that goes, Only a week away, and I look forward to it. Thank you and bless you, Linda

Rose Bud 🌹
Jun 06, 2024 2:02 am
Reply to Itsme58

I wish you the best and will be thinking of you.I have sugery the next day for the 8th time in 2 yrs to try and take a stent out of bile duct which has been unsuccessful and just replaced constantly and this time he's going to try and take my stent out of my pancreas duct that he put in 4mths ago to stop fuild from leaking into my abdomen. So far all the biopsies have come back negative for cancer but now have developed chronic pancrantitis...anyone that's had problems with their pancreas knows it's a B@%H  to deal with the pain after its been messed with...I hope everything works out for the best for you !!!

SENDING 🫂 AND 🙏  ❤️ 💙 💜 

Beachboy
Jun 06, 2024 5:10 am
Reply to Rose Bud 🌹

Hope your surgeon is successful.  Praying you get some relief.

Beachboy
Jun 06, 2024 5:14 am
Reply to Itsme58

Hope all goes well Linda.  Prayers for speedy recovery.

Rose Bud 🌹
Jun 06, 2024 11:37 pm
Reply to Beachboy

Thank u !!! I appreciate it  😊 

eefyjig
Jun 06, 2024 11:47 pm
Reply to Rose Bud 🌹

You’ve certainly been through it, Serena. I hope this time is the charm. 💕

Rose Bud 🌹
Jun 07, 2024 12:16 am
Reply to eefyjig

Thanks..l really hope so too 😊

Itsme58
Jun 07, 2024 2:20 pm
Reply to Rose Bud 🌹

Thank you and then will keep you in my prayers and healing thoughts. I hope the doctor can help you out. Hugs.

Itsme58
Jun 21, 2024 8:45 pm

I had my surgery on June 13, 2024, Cancer came back on my stoma. I’ve been out of the hospital for a week and I feel great. I appreciate all your prayers.

I’m not sure if I’ll be coming in here too much because the people I’ve talked to before have not the greatest people to talk to or I thought they were and because I take things literally or because I take things seriously I’m not a good enough person to talk to so you well have a blessed life. I’ll pop in here from here to there. I love making my comments and I got a few in here, but I’ll be back to visit, hugs to you all in friendship and everything else. Take care of my friends. 

Beachboy
Jun 21, 2024 11:30 pm
Reply to Itsme58

Hello,

Hope you are recuperating well.

Web sites, where people type posts, are hard to judge what a person's intent is.  Talking in person, we see their face, body language, vocal inflections as they speak.  But with a writen post, we contemplate written words.  Some folks are gifted writers, some excellent with spelling, grammar, vocabulary.  We all have different writing skill.  I wouldn't assume someone is unkind just by a text or two.  And sometimes we all have differences of opinion, different experiences guiding our judgement and commentary.  I would encourage you to continue participating on this web site.  Your experience and personality add to the wonderful mix of world wide Ostemates who share personal stories everyday.  I was kinda lost in the weeks following surgery.  I had this stoma.  I was taught how to change the wafer.... but nothing about CARING for it.  That, I learned here.  I've read many of your posts,  and many others.  Thay made me the confident, experienced ostemate I am today.

Keep us posted on your progress.  

Cheers,

Dan

Kas
Jun 22, 2024 12:06 am
Reply to Itsme58

I hope you have a good recovery and that all of the cancer is gone.

I’m so sorry that your feelings were hurt and that you felt like you aren’t good enough to talk to - of course you are!  I think it’s like Beach Boy said…it’s sometimes difficult to get a good “read” on someone when it’s only written words and we can’t see each other and don’t necessarily know each others quirks and personalities.  I can’t imagine that anyone on this site intentionally wished to make you feel excluded.

Take Care & love up that grandbaby!

Rose Bud 🌹
Jun 24, 2024 10:15 pm
Reply to Itsme58

I hope u see this and are doing well!!!! Half of my procedure went well...Pancreas stent now out....Unfortunately my bile stent needed to be replaced once again...but I'm still here..so that's a plus!!! SAD TO HEAR HOW SOME PEOPLE CAN BE....I REALLY WISH U THE BEST 🫂 ❤️!!!!

Itsme58
Jun 28, 2024 11:09 am
Reply to Beachboy

Dan, I will it’s just one hurtful persons words, but it is what it is and , I am a big girl and I blocked him.

right now, my stoma looks horrible, Swollen in huge, But I’m all good with it Cancer is gone, And I’m blessed.

Have a wonderful day we’ll talk soon, Linda

Itsme58
Jun 28, 2024 11:12 am
Reply to Kas

Thank you Kas,

‘I was told maybe I could buy a sense of humor on Amazon… but it is what it is thank you again and you have a blessed day. I’m feeling wonderful and I watch my grandbaby Monday through Friday 640 to 3:40 PM and I wouldn’t change it for the world., Linda

Itsme58
Jun 28, 2024 11:14 am
Reply to Rose Bud 🌹

Thank you, Rosebud, I’m doing wonderful still a little sore still a little swollen. I went to the doctor yesterday so they gave me this micro fiber, antibiotic stuff to put on one side of my stoma and hopefully that’ll take care of it..

Have a blessed day over the person I blocked him, Talk to you soon Linda and I hope everything goes good for you. You will be in my prayers and healing thoughts.

Too many nice people in here for me to not come back plus I’m a lifetime member so I’ll see you later