Tips on how to deal with digestion problems?

Replies
Views
Esskay
Dec 12, 2012 1:35 am
Recently been experiencing problems with my bag, alot of stomach cramps and digestion/constipation problems.

I have had a bag since birth and have never had this issue but its becoming more freqeunt I was sick last night and this lasts up to hours the unbearable pain.

At first it was trapped gas, because I was burping and farting a few times, my stomach began to settle. Until today the same problem is occuring I have never had a problem before with my foods it is only recently.... Any tips on how to deal with this please???

moonshine
Dec 12, 2012 3:54 am
do you have an ileostomy or coloscopy? Have you tried drinking magnesium citrate? Has your output changed? Are you drinking enough water? Small meals help.....you may want to consult your doc or stoma nurse.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Esskay
Dec 12, 2012 9:47 am
I have a colostomy and yeh I've tried everything possible I've never experienced this unbearable pain before
Past Member
Dec 12, 2012 9:46 pm
I suffer all the time with digestive probs with me its a juggling thing with foods, Today im just getting over a bad bout of undigested meal i had yesterday ,i feel bruised blowted and dont feel like eating,but it wears off the next day,i uesually just drink fluids or end up with soup till all is ok ..The pain was too much to try and eat anything ..I know the feeling too well lol tc ambies...
Esskay
Dec 12, 2012 9:57 pm
The pain is unbearable but I appreciate the reply I shall try the soup. Thanks ambies hope your okay x

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
sthorough
Dec 13, 2012 5:07 am
I haven't had my colostomy that long, but have experienced some digestion issues. Watched a video by Full Frontal Ostomy on YouTube. She suggested Coco Water and/or V8 Splash. Tried the V8 Splash and also some mild exercise (walking up and down, toe touches) and was able to have a BM. If it keeps on for more than a day or two, best check in w/your doc or WOC nurse.
ysoraris
Dec 13, 2012 6:07 am
For my constipation I use milk of magnesia, is soft and it doesn't have side effect, I believe so. Is better to eat vegetables, fruit, grains, like almonds, nut, cashews etc, not to much of them. No milks, cheese, no flavored yogourt, just plain, drink distilled water, if you eat raw food, running the time, you are going to be better. If your pain still unbearable you have to see your doctor, may be you have another digestive problem, I hope no. Good luck and God bless you.
Esskay
Dec 13, 2012 8:25 pm
Thanks for your advice x
thequietst0rm
Dec 14, 2012 2:09 am
I agree with small meals, never had I experienced that pain since my colostomy until this past Thanksgiving. It was good but sure not worth the pain. Unfortunately, I have had it again without over eating or eating anything different. Guess it is forever changing with a colostomy. I read here somewhere that ballerina tea is also good for constipation but read the side effects. A stool softener and lots of fluids usually work for me with constipation. Good luck.
Esskay
Dec 14, 2012 11:00 am
yeah I know what you mean its tough not being able to watch what you eat and thanks everyone for all your suggestions, next time Il know what to take. I feel much better the doctor prescribed me fibre laxatives which done wonders!
ysoraris
Dec 15, 2012 2:23 am
Glad to know that. I hope you be better ahead. Blessings! have a nice weekend!