Help needed

Replies
Views
Ragdoll
Feb 27, 2013 1:02 am
Someone told me that there are pouches made of clothe on the outside and plastic inside. That I can put my bag in the pouch and hook it to my belt. If anyone has one or knows anything about the pouches. Please let me know... Also sometimes my bag will go 4 or 5 day with any output. I'v tried stool softers...drank some nasty stuff...I tried to irrigate it but I started freaking out...so I stopped...What else can I do? Thanks...Ragdoll

Mrs.A
Feb 27, 2013 2:19 am
Hi Ragdoll, do you mean a pouch cover? There are many sites for those, you can even get information on making your own. There is also a site for a pouch pocket, which you would snap onto your undergarment. I wear the Hollister 88300 that is designed with cloth on the outside and plastic to hold the contents. It is a one piece system but I am sure there are others that are made the same. In my opinion, you would be best to google it or search the site forums where you will find a lot of information on types and styles of pouches. You can also ask for samples from companies. As far as increasing your output, what about natural foods? Don't know what makes you go? Heck, I got a long list on that for me. Chocolate is first, some fruits, most any raw veggie and the list goes on. If things are not moving maybe you should see your doctor, something else could be amidst. Best of luck~
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Ragdoll
Feb 28, 2013 1:08 am
Thank you for the unfo...Yes a pouch cover that's what I mean,..gonna check those sites out...I called my doctor today and I have a appointment tomorrow...thanks again
rcdc13
Mar 04, 2013 2:37 am
Make sure you have an ET Nurse to talk to and to go see. My experience has been that they know better than GP's for sure. God results CAN be had by talking to those who know their jobs well. I have always had better info from their help.
Mrs.A
Mar 12, 2013 7:39 pm
Hi Ragdoll, How are you? How did your appointment go? No news is good news? Hope so. Was wondering if you find a pouch cover as of yet?

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play