My First Time on Ostomate

Replies
Views
Calikidd
Apr 19, 2013 5:34 am
So my name is Jeff I have had a colostomy since i was 12 years old. Now that i think about it its been a decade. I havent event thought of getting the reversak because my life is perfect as of now. The funny part is maybe a hand full of people are aware of my colostomy. So living life the past years i have been keeping this secret from alot of people. Now that i am on here i feel as if i can get alot off my chest. I am fukk of answers feek free to ask me anything. And if you have or are getting any kind of ostomy dont let it get you down this isnt the end of the world if anything its the beggining of a new exciting chapter in your life, ; ))))))

Past Member
Apr 19, 2013 3:59 pm
Party hard, eat clean and train dirty! thats how my life rolls!!!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

MissMeganM
Apr 21, 2013 6:44 pm
Awesome, good for you! I think it's great that you have such a positive attitude! I just got an ileostomy 6 months ago. For the first time since I was 23, I feel great! I am totally open about my ostomy personally, everyone who knows me knows I have one and I don't care. If I had an amputated leg or arm I wouldn't hide that, why should I hide this? Just makes it seem like it's something to be ashamed of and it totally isn't! I feel awful when I see other people with ostomies who have self image problems because of it. I too could have a reversal and I CHOOSE ostomy :) Rock on with your bad self, Calikidd!
Past Member
Aug 01, 2018 1:07 pm
I agree with you, missmegan!! You rock!!!