Yea no leakages for a few weeks

Replies
Views
blessedtobealive50
Jan 15, 2014 8:06 am
Yea, no leakages for a few weeks.!! I guess was puting the wafer on wrong. What a relief not to worry about it. But the stoma has been feelng kinda itchy lately. Any suggestions?? Went to see my dr and found out the surgeron wants to take down my stoma. I am thinking dont think so, I dont want to experience what I did before. Meaning wearing diapers after they hooked me back up. I would rather stay this way more freedom to go and do things on my kids. Hope everyone else is doing great this new year

Mrs.A
Jan 15, 2014 7:17 pm
Yay is right. It is wonderful not to have to deal with leakages. I have not felt an itchiness on my stoma that I can recall. Have you used any new products lately? Even a new wipe, or possibly a new soap? I have had a rash on my peristomal skin that my body was alerting me to with itchy skin.As far as a take down of your stoma. If it were possible(for me)I really don't know what I would do. There is so much to consider, some of which you mentioned. I will keep you in my prayers that the Lord will guide you in what He knows is best.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Charli
Jan 17, 2014 3:20 am
I found out that making paste from Mylanta letting it dry well around the stoma works well... hope this helps!
friends13
Jan 22, 2014 4:46 pm
I swear by Stomaadhesive, I wear a two piece and this is like a poly filler which goes around the stoma filling in the gaps before fixing the pouch to the flange. Like a miracle, haven't had itching, burning, leakage or the bag coming off for some while, almost forget I have it on!! If only, hope this helps
blessedtobealive50
Jan 30, 2014 6:47 am
thank you all!!!! I am finally getting my supplies from the VA. But no I am wondering where I could purchase underwear.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play
sherrybear
Jan 31, 2014 12:08 am
ELLO, I got some underwear from ostomy secerts she is on this site advertising some times. But you can find it just goole it. I have a couple of pairs of hers. I also got some from Edgepark Supplies and I like them very well. I hope this will help you find some. Take care SHARON