I need some help

Replies
Views
dgfcr42
Sep 02, 2014 3:10 pm
I am to go to my daughter wedding on Sat. I have nothing to wear. I have been shopping for hour looking for something to wear. My colostomy in more out front and very hard to hide. Does any one have any ideas for me. I already have to go around my ex and his new wife I don't want to be more uncomfortable with thinking everybody can see my colostomy. Thank you

blueonthetyne
Sep 02, 2014 5:22 pm
ahh you poor little sausauge. its probably to late if its this sat but I use the wraps all the time now and they don't only hide everything but they look and make me feel good as well. I really do hope you get sorted, have a double something as soon as you can on the day and youll forget all about it.good luck and have a realy special day
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Zywie
Sep 02, 2014 6:17 pm
Hi dg, I checked your pic...you're cute as a button and petite. I suggest looking for an Empire waist dress - I don't know if they call them that any longer but I have a couple and they do well.(The dresses that the waist is right under your breasts and the rest flows out from there.)I don't know if it's a real formal wedding, but if not, an Empire top that's long enough to wear as a mini-dress with a classy pair of leggings to match (unless your comfortable with no leggins - even better) and a pair of heels, maybe match a shrug with the outfit to class it up a bit more? Or even a top that is snug around your bust but starts flaring out from there (kinda like A-line but has a bit more swirl to it). They look similar to the top you have on in your pic but just below the breast line it starts flairing - there is no definitive waist line. That's a real hot look too. When I'm looking for something trendy and cute but not to young for my age, I like to look in the shops that have Plus size and Junior fashions in the same store. Prices are manageable and you can usually put together a cute outfit. Where I go, the girls love to help you put things together. Plus Wal-Mart has hipster cut, spandex panty that is made by No Boundries that hold you in a bit plus keep the bag in place. It's not a girdle - the material is real thin and comfortable. They have two little bows above the leg areas on the front and a lace trim around the leg openings. But it stretches up over the top of the bag and doesn't move. I love having this panty when I need to get dressed up. I bought it to try and can't wait to get more in different colors. Plus they are way cheaper than anything I have found on the sites that offer similar for ostomates. I hope this was helpful. Good luck finding something !
jillian
Sep 06, 2014 1:08 pm
I don't have any fashion help, but I am praying and holding a good thought that you'll have a wondrous time at your daughter's wedding. Free from anxiety and concern about anything. Here's to a day you'll look back on with fond rememberace as a strong woman who has overcome adversity. Many best wishes and blessings to you and your daughter.
dgfcr42
Sep 09, 2014 12:40 am
I just waited to say thank for the ideas. I did find something to wear. My daughter was beautiful and we all had a good time. will post a picture soon. The double of something really helped too.Lol! Thanks

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
kt4825
Sep 12, 2014 12:50 am
My daughters wedding is in 7 weeks and I am also scrabbling for things to wear. I am just 3 weeks out from surgery and still trying to figure this all out. What to eat and drink. What to wear and not wear. Any suggestions are appreciated!
blueonthetyne
Sep 20, 2014 6:13 am
im sure our fashion editor Zywie will be able to help
sunshinemb
Feb 19, 2015 9:18 am
I can't help with the fashion but definitely don't drink carbonated drinks or drink through a straw...both cause gas!!! Raw veggies do also. Take beano or gasX and have a blast!!!!
Past Member
Jul 02, 2018 2:52 pm
I have learned to wear baggier shirts, and refrain from jeans when out in public.