UTI's the next step

Replies
Views
gordonc
Jan 22, 2015 1:19 pm
Hi, some of you may remember me posting a while back about all my problems with UTI's. Well after almost 3 years of constant antibiotics and pain it looks like an end may be in sight. I have had a nuclear xray, where they insert a dye into my stoma and watch what is going on, where the urine is and the condition of stoma, and hey presto everything seems to be going good. So the possible outcome is that I have a small pocket just under my skin where the stoma comes out and urine is collecting there and getting infected. I am now on a waiting list for surgery to remove said pocket and hopefully sort out all thses damn infections.

Watch this space for updates!!

Be lucky people

Bill
Jan 23, 2015 6:39 am
Hello Gordonc. Thanks for the update - I hope everything goes well for you. Best wishes Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Mrs.A
Feb 01, 2015 2:36 am
How wonderful that you have found the problem and will soon have relief!
Past Member
Feb 11, 2015 3:21 am
Great!!!!
Zywie
Feb 20, 2015 4:12 am
Hi Gordon, Was just thinking about our chat and thought I'd check in to see what's up? Did you have the surgery and are things ok? Hope all is well. Hugs Z

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play