a new adventure everyday

Replies
Views
rusty1058
Jun 18, 2015 1:01 am
have you ever stepped outside, looked up to the sky, and saw that dark cloud ??? yes,,,,just hanging there to the left. The silver lining looking like tattered aluminum. We all turn that age where family members get sick and pass on, or die from anothers hand , or they leave of their own choice , leaving " US" the living , to carry on and wonder what will happen tomorrow ? well, I've made it thru the last 5 years with my sanity ,but not my health. Luckily there is no issue with cancer, the colon had to go though. That 8 inch tube turned into a festering , painful , cave of fire. i begged the doctor to take it out. I survived to live another day packing my bodily waste in a plastic bag glued to my stomach with glue and wax !!! yay yay yay

Bill
Jun 23, 2015 5:44 am
Hello Rusty. Thanks for your post. Yes! that dark cloud passed overhead here too. In fact it must be doing the rounds as I've seen it a few times over the years and I've heard many others tell of it too. However, it does seem to come and go eventually and the sunny spells seem that much brighter almost because of the contrasting view the dark cloud supplies. Best wishes Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Rosiesmom
Jun 28, 2015 7:21 pm
Hi Rusty. Yes at different times in our lives we have all had the dark cloud drift over our lives death, cancer the loss of parents but there have also been many many rainbows. I prefer to ignore the ugly dark and be grateful for the riot of color and joy the rainbow always brings. Pollyanna sounding, maybe, but it got me and Rosie (my stoma) to where we are today ALIVE.
Past Member
Aug 19, 2018 12:47 pm
Hello. You are never alone. Us fellow Ostomates are here for you, whenever you need us.