Tips for Burping a Coloplast Sensura Mio Bag

Replies
Views
basegirl13
Nov 25, 2017 1:44 pm

Hi guys

I wear the coloplast sensura mio bag, when I first stared I wore Hollister was super easy to burp.But the mio  no so easy .The Hollsiter you could burp it from the top  but not the Mio.Ny thoughts or comments

LadyHope
Nov 26, 2017 7:23 pm

The Mio should have a filter...correct.... do you still need to burp the bag?  If you opted for a bag without, try one with a filter.  The only down-side to a bag with a filter is clogging.  I need to change my bag every day or every other because the filter stops working because it is clogged.  

How do you like the Mio?  I tried it when it first came out but found the two piece too puffy... I could see it under my clothes.  

Thanks!  Have a nice day.  LH

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

HeyHey
Nov 27, 2017 8:22 pm

Rather than burping the bag, go to the ladies room and empty the bag. It will be nice and flat after that. I very rarely burp the bag.

kjboggs1948
Nov 27, 2017 9:03 pm

There is a vent that can be used to burp the  bag:

HCPCS Code: A4366
Manufacturer: KEM ENTERPRISES
The Osto-EZ-Vent, a venting device, is a leading Ostomy product for any type pouch; one piece, two piece, drainable, or closed end. Easy, quick access makes the Osto-EZ-Vent a better alternative to burping or opening the bottom -- less mess, less bother, more security. The Osto-EZ-Vent was specifically designed without a filter to quickly release air build up on demand aiding in reducing pouch explosions, and wafers pulling loose. Because it is not a filtering device the Osto-EZ-Vent works efficiently, lasts as long as the pouch, it does not become ineffective in water, fits on any pouch, and it is easy to install and use.

almelia
Nov 27, 2017 9:23 pm

I'm with lady hope on the Mio being too obvious under clothes... but it's way better than the others for drying after being in water (I'm a kayak coach) I found that a bit of double sided sticky tape holds the top edge flat under clothes.  I use the ones with filter so they 'self burp' but agree filters clog.

If I'm wanting to wear clingy clothes (other than a wetsuit!) I use a Dansac nova pouch. It has a very neat wafer I find. Best to wear a wrap too to hold it close to body and slight pressure seems to ease the gas through the filter.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play