a funny thing

Replies
Views
blueonthetyne
Jul 30, 2015 7:38 pm
a funny thing hapenned today, I HAD A POO. sorry to shout but i was amazed.i came in the house and had this pain right low down and thought i just needed to have a wee. i sat on the loo to do the bag at the same time and this pain turned into a little but real poo. now since i had my first resection 27 years ago ive never had a solid poo like this, i just sat there and chuckled.

ive heard of this hapenning to others but never dreamed it to me.

my conclusion to the whole affair is its a messy business this poo thing and having to wipe so im quite happy with the bag, much cleaner and i go when i want

Past Member
Jul 31, 2015 8:07 am
helloare you saying=the poo came from your butt?that means you might have a fistulaI went to the emergency roomit's not normalI don't thinksc
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

blueonthetyne
Jul 31, 2015 3:20 pm
I think I know what you mean but im fine. I was told that cause I still have a colon at the end then residue builds up and over time this forms into a sort of poo which is discharged naturally, cant say I enjoyed the experience
Bill
Aug 01, 2015 9:23 pm
Hello Blueonthetyne. Thanks for sharing your experience. I used to pass solid lumps from my anus for a time when I first had the ostomy. Apparently, it was due to the healing process and the build-up of mucus from the 'anal stump'. I was not happy about the foul smelling stuff so I irrigated it out for some time. However, gradually the horrid stuff started to clear and now I only have a clear/non- smelling discharge which is easily caught in an incontinence pad. Given the extent of faecal incontinence [prior to the ostomy I feel it's a small price to pay!! Best wishes Bill.
Past Member
Aug 07, 2015 9:42 pm
After my ileostomy surgery in 1970 the dr. removed my rectum bowel so I am closed up in that area.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play